Home > DC Noise > DC Noise 124 – Train to Springfiel?d with Robert Atkins pt1

DC Noise 124 – Train to Springfiel?d with Robert Atkins pt1

April 15th, 2011

In this two part episode Mike, Keith and Darrell are joined by penciling sensation Robert Atkins to discuss Life, DC and of course G.I. Joe. Join us in this extravaganza of an episode.

Robert Atkins art can be seen currently in G.I. Joe, Heroes for Hire and upcoming Snake Eyes. He also be at Supershow 2011 so stop by and say hi.

His web site can be found at http://www.ratkins.deviantart.com and www.robertatkinsart.com. His podcast is The Darkhan City Times Podcast. Thanks for joining us Robert.

1. badsoul
    April 16th, 2011 at 06:52 | #1

Hi guys, I very much enjoyed the conversation! waiting anxiously for part 2!

Considering the goon creator, i am not going to buy his stuff anymore. I love superhero comics. Ive been reading these comics since I was a child and they mean alot to me. I dont like being insulted just because I like certain characters or genres.

I sometimes buy indie comics, if they are imaginitive and of a high quality. But most of all, I buy indie comics if the creators are advertising their products in a respectful way to the consumer. I consider myself to be a fair and rather intelligent person and I would like to be adressed accordingly.

2. April 16th, 2011 at 11:07 | #2

Thanks for listening, badsoul! It just gets crazier and crazier. It’s a perfect study on why drinking too much is a bad thing. 😛

3. badsoul
    April 16th, 2011 at 12:28 | #3

@ keith:

well in this case it seems to be good thing 😉

4. April 16th, 2011 at 18:02 | #4

I think if you have not read Eric Powell over the years he might come off really bad to some people. I have read the Goon and it has always been that way but I have not seen the video. I am going to have to try to find it. Regardless I am still getting the Goon and Godzilla because I enjoy them.

5. April 17th, 2011 at 05:13 | #5

Glad you liked it badsoul. I really appreciate the consistent support of our show. I don't know where you are from but maybe one day we can meet at a convention. We will both be at Supershow and Heroes for sure and there is talk about Baltimore. Yesterday I went to my first convention of the year and had so much fun.

6. April 17th, 2011 at 05:25 | #6

I have been reading the Goon for a long time and no this is his sick twisted sense of humor so it does not bother me that much. I will continue to get Godzilla and the Goon. I however have not seen the video yet.

April 17th, 2011 at 07:22 | #7

More than 3 hours?! You guys are so funny together.

Great interview, I can't wait for part 2

8. badsoul
    April 17th, 2011 at 12:50 | #8

@Mike:

thanks for the kind words Mike. I am from Germany!

So visiting a convention is a very costly endeavour. However I am definitly planning on visiting a convention in the future. I only aquired my bachelors degree last week (yay :-)). So my financial situation is not all that great. But When I am finally able to visit a convention, I'll let you guys know. I would love to meet you two in person!

9. April 17th, 2011 at 15:39 | #9

Congratulations, badsoul! I have lived in Germany for over 4 years total in Nurnberg and Bad Nauheim. Germany was a wonderful country, I enjoyed living there very much, going to volksmarches in a different town every weekend!

10. badsoul
    April 18th, 2011 at 13:50 | #10

@Keith:

cool! I live near Frankfurt. let me know if you ever decide to visit germany again! Did you learn the language?