Home > DC Noise > DC Noise 112 – The End of the Red Circle Era

DC Noise 112 – The End of the Red Circle Era

January 7th, 2011

Mike and Keith ring in the New Year and discuss some recent movies and comics, new Top Five List, and then jumped into the Red Circle discussion.

The Mighty Crusaders Special #1
The Mighty Crusaders #1 – 6

EnjoyMighty Crusaders 6

Categories: DC Noise Tags: ,
  1. Scott M Davis
    January 8th, 2011 at 09:06 | #1

I've been wanting to pick up the Red Cicle comics but 3.99 was too much for them, so I was gonna trade wait but with a quick look around (and even on DCs website) it appears the trades have been pulled from stores.

2. January 8th, 2011 at 15:01 | #2

Welcome to the site Scott. With books that sell this bad the chances of them providing a trade are slim to none. At least with The Web and the Shield we had extra pages with the Second features of Inferno, Fox, Hangman, etc.

Thanks for posting.

3. Scott M Davis
    January 8th, 2011 at 15:52 | #3

Its too bad, I think the way they were re-introduced was enough to draw to much attention to them.

I hope they at least trade The Mighty Crusaders, well I know they are as there is a listing on Amazon, but DC doesn't have them listed on there site.

4. January 8th, 2011 at 16:07 | #4

@Scott M Davis

You can always try and go the issue route by going to http://www.mycomicshop.com.

5. January 10th, 2011 at 14:59 | #5

Welcome, Scott! Thanks for commenting. I didn't know about the Red Circle comics until DC started these series and then I picked up some older Impact comics and they are interesting. Like Mike said with the single issues, that seems like the best route. Maybe Ebay might have some good runs also.

6. Scott M Davis
    January 10th, 2011 at 16:55 | #6

I can get them no problem, I would just rather have trades to read and tote about.

I have alot of the older comics actually.

7. January 11th, 2011 at 14:43 | #7

I really enjoy these 'modern' interpretations and I hope some time in the near future, some DC writers will incorporate them into their stories. Web joining the Batman crew, for example, since he's already been dealing with Oracle in his series.

8. Scott M Davis
    January 11th, 2011 at 15:16 | #8

Having them appear in comics that feature characters like them first and then launch their respective titles would have help majorly.

Though the 3.99 price point didn't help either.