Home > DC Noise > DC Noise 101 – The Women of the DCU Part 1

DC Noise 101 – The Women of the DCU Part 1

October 8th, 2010

Keith and Mike talk about

Freedom Fighters #1 (Phantom Lady)
Batgirl #11-14
Supergirl #53-56
Zatanna #1-5

October 9th, 2010 at 12:22 | #1

Oh yes it's ladies night

And the feeling's right

Oh yes it's ladies night

Oh what a night (oh what a night)

Great show guys.

I read Freddom Fighters, but I didn't get what was going…I should read it again.

Batgirl is one of my favorite series right now. It's just fun, and I like to see Stephanie being a normal girl (I did notice the relationship with the detective…it's weird. Stephanie is a minor rigth?)

I don't read Supergirl, but those Amy Reeader covers look awesome.

I didn't knew that Zatanna could write backwards too and cast spells that way. Is it new?

Keep the good work

2. October 9th, 2010 at 15:46 | #2

Thank you as always, Monica. It means a lot to both of us that you consistantly listen and leave your comments. To the ladies!!!! I don't believe Nick is at all involved with Batgirl. Perhaps I'll be proved wrong but I remember him and Barbara having a second date. Steph is "legal" if Nick wishes to pursue and Steph is willing but I think it would be better if Barb had a partner. If it was up to me it would be Dick Grayson but he's off in his own world at the moment and it may take a while to come back considering Bruce is trying to come back!

Supergirl is fun and I think you would enjoy it. The current crew of Jamal and Sterling is going to be wrapping up so I don't know if I'm too keen on that. I have been very happy with their run and Mike and I saw Sterling in Baltimore. We'll have to wait and see but it will be nice to see if the new artist draws biker shorts or not 😛

I think that is new with Zatanna drawing her words backwards but I don't remember older comics that she might have done that in the past. Either she does it now and she's badass!!!!

3. October 12th, 2010 at 05:30 | #3

@Monica I have never seen Zatanna write backwards. So it is the first time I have seen it.

Thanks for trying Freedom Fighters as they are some of my favorite characters ever, especially the Human Bomb and Phantom Lady.

October 13th, 2010 at 09:50 | #4

@Manticore (Keith)

First I thought the detective was a new love interest for Barb, but now i don't know

@Mike

If Zatanna can do that, it's useless to cover her mouth. It's what the villians always do with her.

I enjoy postin here, I know you guys apreciate the feedback 🙂

5. October 13th, 2010 at 16:58 | #5

@Mónica

I thought it was Barbara's love interest as well but it sure seems like Stephanie is flirting with him an awful lot. Yes I don't think Zatanna has ever done this before this issue because the villains usually cover her mouth.

We always appreciate your feedback Monica.

6. badsoul
    October 14th, 2010 at 22:25 | #6

Hi guys great podcast!

I am loving Batgirl and Supergirl. These are very underrated fun comics.

As for Zatanna, she has used the writing backwards trick before. She wrote a spell backwards with her own blood in detective comics #834. The issue was written by none other than Paul Dini.

7. October 15th, 2010 at 04:36 | #7

@badsoul

Thanks for the info badsoul

October 15th, 2010 at 07:19 | #8