Home > news > Brightest Day Teaser Image – Thoughts?

Brightest Day Teaser Image – Thoughts?

July 25th, 2010

Categories: news Tags:
  1. Joe Slab
    July 25th, 2010 at 06:51 | #1

Freaking awesome!!! Love that Geoff has kept his promise to put the Aquaman cast front and center in the DCU–both literally and figuratively as drawn here by Ivan Reis…Black Manta coming out of the shadows behind Aqualad is just eerie comic art genius!

2. russ
    July 25th, 2010 at 07:30 | #2

love these images. who is Guy and co burying? and Magog dead!?

July 25th, 2010 at 12:14 | #3

I have no idea what's going in this picture.

Did they already anounced that Black Manta is Aqualads father?

I'm happy with these stories

4. russ
    July 26th, 2010 at 03:25 | #4

@monica. I don't THINK it's been stated that Black Manta is Aqualads dad.

The Brightest Day stories are awesome so far!

5. Johnny T Impulse (Ky
    July 26th, 2010 at 15:20 | #5

this picture is EPIC. i think they have said that Black Manta is the new AquaLad's daddy. I didn't notice Magog stick thingy. I wonder who is gonna die

6. russ
    July 26th, 2010 at 20:20 | #6

as regards the coffin, as guy+co are also making 'construction' type constructs, I thought of John Stewart….an architect? but I doubt they'd kill him off.

7. badsoul
    July 26th, 2010 at 22:47 | #7

I love this picture. The best thing is Black Manta`s eyes in the dark.

8. July 27th, 2010 at 00:26 | #8

Some interesting reveals to the near future in the DC NATION Special Edition podcast from July 23rd.

Something Geof Johns was very relucant to announce: a second Flash title starring Wally and Bart and the other speedsters. It sounded like he wanted to reveal it later but Dan D. pushed him.

Something that has become a joke is coming to reality: they are reprinting the orginal Young Justice material in October. A few other surprises but that's a couple of things there, it's a good listen.

9. Johnny T Impulse (Ky
    July 27th, 2010 at 11:55 | #9

That is mega awesome news. We finally get to see Wally again and i Will finally get to own Young Justice. Am gonna listen to that right now. The only reason why they are bring the old Young Justice stuff is because the cartoon is coming out soon

10. July 28th, 2010 at 00:17 | #10

I know, right? Years of people begging them for a YJ collection wasn't enough. Now the cartoon will be coming out, so they'll release a collection. LOL

11. Mike
    July 28th, 2010 at 02:28 | #11

These images are very cool but I have no idea how to translate them :). Keith it is always the same few people at the cons asking about the Young Justice trade. Now they have reason to put one out along with the cartoon. Brilliant marketing.

I know DCs policy on trades is weird but they do it so their trades last in backorders. If you look at re-order activity on the trade side DC kicks Marvel in the ass. Especially with the way the release the vertigo stuff. That is why when you go to a con you cant find too much DC but you can find any Marvel trade you want in the 5 dollar bin.

July 29th, 2010 at 09:02 | #12

I heard a rummor that that tree is the tree of life.

@Manticore (Keith)

In all the panles people were asking for a YJ collection, I even heard a joke about it: Young Justice is like Freebird

13. Johnny T Impulse (Ky
    July 29th, 2010 at 12:46 | #13

That rumour does make sense if they tree is the tree of life. Does anyone know how long Brightest day is gonna be?

@Mike

I have kinda noticed that. When i go to cons and Comic markets over here in the uk. There are a hell of a lot marvel Trades going cheap but you hardly see any DC ones and when you do, they have the old DC logo.

14. July 29th, 2010 at 21:25 | #14

@Johnny T Impulse (Kyle) The way DC solicits trades appears to be a better longevity model than Marvel. It just does not cater to the fan waiting for the trade.

15. russ
    July 30th, 2010 at 07:06 | #15

on a side note, why, on the DC Noise Poll (to the right) has Hawk got 0 votes and -1%, whilst others have 0 votes and 0%?? does even the website itself hate him?

16. Mike
    July 30th, 2010 at 17:06 | #16

@russ

I don't see what you are seeing.

17. Johnny T Impulse (Ky
    July 31st, 2010 at 12:16 | #17

@Mike

Yeah, i have noticed that. Sometimes you have to wait like a year or so for some stories to be put in to trades. But they have started to speedd things up. Like with Batman, Teen Titans and some more.

18. August 2nd, 2010 at 11:42 | #18