Home > DC Noise > DC Noise 92 – The Brightest Day with some GI-X

DC Noise 92 – The Brightest Day with some GI-X

July 9th, 2010

Mike and Keith go over the latest previews with their top five picks from previews.

Wait a minute here they are also discussing some other companies comics that should not be mentioned on the show. Also please note there is a major spoiler for X-men Second Coming at the very end. Also we do a short discussion of Doc Savage and the Spirit.

We then jump into:

Brightest Day #1, 2, 3 and 4 followed up with some
Justice Society of America #39

Join us for some fun and laughs.

1. badsoul
    July 13th, 2010 at 03:42 | #1

looks like the dc train took a detour to the x-men station this week 😉

July 13th, 2010 at 11:56 | #2

Good episode! Thanks to your reviews I'm keeping up with Brightest day.

That JSA story sounds really good, I'm waiting for the trade.

Love the soundeffect for Aquaman's power 🙂

Just one question to Keith…Why did you give those gifts to your father in law?

3. Johnny T Impulse (Ky
    July 13th, 2010 at 14:38 | #3

Another awesome episode. I listen to this episode and the last one in one sitting. It was awesome. Mike you really made me wanna go out and buy all of the single issues of the Fatherland storyline. but am gona wait for it in the Trades like Monica. Brightest night so far is awesome even if am only two issues now. I gotta wait for my first DCBS shippment.

@Keith- am so getting the New "old" Teen Titans: Games trade. It looks awesome. Am so ordering that.

@Mike- I felt the same way when Nightclawer died. When i saw how he died, i shouted out no like they do in movies when people die.

4. July 14th, 2010 at 00:28 | #4

@badsoul Yeah, there are soooo many good comics out there, sometimes we have to make a few exta stops 😛

@Monica Between Brightest Day and JL:Generation Lost, I love having a conintuing story that can be read every week instead of wating a whole month. I remember getting him a fart machine (the kind you set somewhere and use a remote to set it off, a modern-day whoopie cushion!) one time becasue we were looking for things to get him and now it's become an every year thing, just a gag gift.

5. July 14th, 2010 at 00:58 | #5

@Johnny That's awesome you've switched over to DCBS. It took me a long time, thinking about but when I did, I've noticed I can get more books for the same amount of money and who wouldn't want that? I'm glad they can send it to you over the pond as well because I know that was a concern of yours before. I loved that old Titans stuff and Perez's art looks amazing (as usual).

6. Johnny T Impulse (Ky
    July 14th, 2010 at 10:49 | #6

@Keith – Yeah, i have finally switched over to DCBS and its awesome. My first shippment came today and holy cow, i got a shit-load of comics. Even including the shipping charge, it still works out cheaper then getting comics from my local store. Am thinking of getting all of the old titans stuff from the 80's because i have heard nothing but good things about it, so with New Mutants. Did you hear the good news about the new new teen titans? But its kinda bad news at the same time.

7. July 14th, 2010 at 13:36 | #7

@Johnny – Yeah. Raven, Starfire, Changeling (Beast Boy), Cyborg, Dick as Robin(then as Nightwing), etc. man, great stuff! I actually read the New Mutants back then also. I've always enjoyed team books because of the variety of personalities and how they interact.

8. Johnny T Impulse (Ky
    July 14th, 2010 at 17:03 | #8

@Keith- I can't wait to read it. Even if it's way before my time, i wanna get in to those old titles.

July 15th, 2010 at 06:27 | #9

@Manticore (Keith)

a fart machine? I guess it's a tradition for you 😀

10. Mike
    July 15th, 2010 at 17:59 | #10

@badsoul – Have you checked out the X-men? Man there is some really good stuff going on.

11. Mike
    July 15th, 2010 at 18:14 | #11

@Monica – Fatherland is fantastic. It is so neat seeing the characters that we love in a situation where they do not have their powers and have to fight Nazis.

12. Mike
    July 15th, 2010 at 18:15 | #12

@Kyle I cried with Nightcrawler man. The BAMF BAMF. Wow.

13. badsoul
    July 15th, 2010 at 21:50 | #13

@mike: my money only allow the involvement in one universe. So I'll be a dc exclusive for a while 😉

14. Johnny T Impulse (Ky
    July 16th, 2010 at 05:29 | #14

@Mike- It was emotional and his Funeral was epic. Wolverine was mega Pissed off.

July 16th, 2010 at 08:53 | #15

I forgot something about Joker's Asylum II: The Riddler

Almost every panel from that comic represents a card.

Check this post and comments from The Source.

16. Johnny T Impulse (Ky
    July 16th, 2010 at 14:05 | #16

I got some good news and some bad news for both Mike and Keith. Good New: Static is getting his own on-going series starting in 2011. Bad News: Felica Henderson is the writer. May god have mercy on Static's soul

17. Mike
    July 16th, 2010 at 15:17 | #17

@Johnny T Impulse (Kyle)

That sounds like bad news. I will still give it a few issues.

18. Mike
    July 16th, 2010 at 15:18 | #18

@Mónica

I still have yet to read these on shots. Maybe this weekend.

19. Mike
    July 16th, 2010 at 15:19 | #19

@badsoul

I totally understand. What books are you checking out these days?

20. badsoul
    July 16th, 2010 at 23:23 | #20

@Mike

Well I am the biggest batman fan so I get everything Batman. Additionaly I am reading power girl, green lanter, green lantern corps, flash, rebels, power girl, justice league generation lost, brightest day, green arrow and I will be picking up J. T. Krul's Teen Titans and straczynski's superman.

By the way did you hear that J. T. Krul is including Damian in his teen titans run? I think thats awsome!

21. Johnny T Impulse (Ky
    July 17th, 2010 at 00:40 | #21

@badsoul

I have high hopes for JT Krul being on the Teen titans. Because his Green Arrow and Arsenal was awesome. But from the pictures i have seen, Static, AquaGirl, Miss Martian, Bombshell and Blue Beetle aint gona be a part of the team anymore

22. Mike
    July 17th, 2010 at 03:19 | #22

@badsoul

I did not hear that. That is awesome I can't get me enough of Damian.

@Kyle – I will be disappointed at losing Aquagirl and Blue Beetle.

23. badsoul
    July 17th, 2010 at 03:51 | #23

@Johnny T Impulse (Kyle)

Yeah I like Krul's writing too. As for static, he's getting his own series so his absence from the team is acceptable. Blue Beetle is on the Justice League Generation Lost team, so thats ok too. As for the other characters, it is unfortunate to lose them but i have to admit that I like the new roster better than theold one.

24. Johnny T Impulse (Ky
    July 17th, 2010 at 06:19 | #24

@badsoul

Am just finishing the first Green Arrow and the last rise of Arsenal and from those issue i have faith in JT Krul. Am just glad Henderson is gonna be off the books but am scared for Static because she might mess up his character. But i know am still gona buy it. Am surely gonna miss Blue Beetle, Static and the others. I just hope they don't just dissappear like other characters do. Unless they split the Teen Titans up and have another east coast Titans. Oh they are gonna appear in other Titles like if Aquaman gets a new on going, Aquagirl might turn up there and if Martians Manhunter gets his own book, Megan might end up there. But i really cant wait for the old team to get back together. Tim Drake needs to be on that team as well

25. badsoul
    July 17th, 2010 at 08:23 | #25

@ Johnny T Impulse (Kyle)

yeah I don't know why Henderson is given the opportunity to launch a new book after her rather bad work on teen titans.

But I hope that she learned something from her first work in comic. I hope we get to see her progress in term of her writing and pacing.

26. Mike
    July 17th, 2010 at 09:57 | #26

@badsoul

I will at least try it. Maybe she just struggles with team books.

27. Johnny T Impulse (Ky
    July 17th, 2010 at 12:18 | #27

Yes, that might be the reason. Am still gonna get the Static on going as am a huge fan of him and his cartoon. I just hope she doesnt give him the touch of death. I do hope Henderson becomes a better writer.

28. July 17th, 2010 at 16:06 | #28

Just finished the Arsenal series. Man was that dark and it looks like they took him to a place like the Frank Castle is in.

29. badsoul
    July 17th, 2010 at 20:57 | #29

@Mike

Yeah they took Arsenal to a very dark place. It would be interesting to see what they do with him now. Green arrow is getting a new series but we haven't heard where Arsenal will be showing up.

30. Johnny T Impulse (Ky
    July 17th, 2010 at 23:50 | #30

he is gonna be in Titans: villians for hire for he first arc. Hopefully we see him in the green arrow on going and becomes one of his merry men

31. July 18th, 2010 at 02:34 | #31

@Johnny T Impulse (Kyle)

How can he become one of the Merry Men after doing what he did?

32. July 18th, 2010 at 02:40 | #32

I do think Ollie will cut him some slack but not the law. It is going to be very hard to pull Roy back into being a true hero.

33. Johnny T Impulse (Ky
    July 18th, 2010 at 07:55 | #33

@Mike

Yeah, it would be really hard to bring him back but i really don't want him to become a villian villian. If he turns himself like Ollie did they may go easy on him as he has helped saved Star City and the World millions of times. Ollie has to forgive Roy, Roy is his son, well sort of.

34. July 19th, 2010 at 02:50 | #34

@Johnny T Impulse (Kyle)

We will see what happens in Titans but I am thinking it will be tough for Roy to become a hero again.

35. Johnny T Impulse (Ky
    July 19th, 2010 at 04:20 | #35

@Mike

Very True. Unless he cames to term with the bad that he did and goes back to being good but that could take a number of years for that to happen